Monday 5 June 2023

Negative Yes/No Questions (in englsih grammar)

  • Negative Yes/No Questions

  • To form negative yes/no questions, start the sentence with a modal verb in the negative form.

    negative modal verb contraction + subject + base verb
    -Can't you give me a loan? Yes, I can./No, I can't.

    You can also form negative yes/no questions with the verb do.
    negative contraction do + subject + base verb
    -Didn't you get your money from the bank? Yes, I did./No, I didn't.
  •  Click on the play button to hear the audio
  • Won't the bank give you a refund for the overdraft fee?Shouldn't you save more money this month?
    Didn't he work as a bank manager before?Did Josh not sign the check he gave to the landlord?*
  • *Remember! When you do not use the contraction form of the verb, you must place not after the subject

























 Source : Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment