Monday 5 June 2023

Answering Negative Yes/No Questions (in english language)

  • Answering Negative Yes/No Questions

  • Always answer negative yes/no questions with yes or no and an appropriate verb.

    If the answer to the question is yes, use the modal verb or do in its standard form (not the negative form).
    -Shouldn't you deposit your paycheck today? Yes, I should.
    -Didn't put twenty dollars in my wallet earlier? Yes, you did.

    If the answer to the question is no, use the modal verb or do in the negative form. 
    -Shouldn't you deposit your paycheck today?  No, I shouldn't.
    -Didn't I put twenty dollars in my wallet earlier? No, you didn't.
  •  Click on the play button to hear the audio
  • Yes/No Question'Yes' Answer'No' Answer
    Won't you open a new savings account?Yes, I will.No, I won't./No, I will not.
    Doesn't Sam need to go to the bank?
    Yes, he does.No, he doesn't./No, he does not.




























 Source : Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment