Thursday 4 May 2023

Subordinating Conjunctions of Condition

  • Subordinating Conjunctions of Condition

  • Another type of subordinating conjunction shows condition. Use subordinating conjunctions of condition to show the conditions required for a situation to happen (or not happen).

    Common conjunctions of this type are if, unless, and in case.
    -Use if for conditions and unless for negative conditions.
    -Use in case for situations with possible conditions.
  • I will be early if I leave now.
    -Situation = be early
    -Condition = leave now
  • I will be late unless I leave now.
    -Situation = be late
    -Condition = don't leave now
  • I will leave early in case there is traffic.
    -Situation = leave early
    -Possible condition = traffic
  •  Click on the play button to hear the audio
  • I won't go to the post office after work if it's snowing.
    Jack always carries an umbrella in case it rains.
    You will never lose weight unless you eat healthier food and exercise more.
    Unless you pay for express shippingthe package will arrive in five to seven days.






























 Source : Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment