Thursday, 4 May 2023

Questions with Passive Causatives

  • Questions with Passive Causatives

  • Form yes/no passive causative questions with a modal or auxiliary verb.

    modal/auxiliary verb + subject + passive causative
    -Should I get my documents copied at the copy center? Yes, you should.
    -Are you getting your hair cut tomorrow? No, I'm not.

    Form information questions with a wh- word before the modal/auxiliary verb.
    wh- word + modal/auxiliary verb + subject + passive causative
    -Where can I get my oil changed? At Joe's Car Repair Center.
  •  Click on the play button to hear the audio
  • Passive Causative SentencesPassive Causative Questions
    I had a budget prepared by an accountant.Did you have a budget prepared by an accountant?
    She is getting her dry cleaning done.Is she getting her dry cleaning done?
    I will get my book published soon.When will you get your book published?


























 Source : Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment