Tuesday 21 March 2023

Past Continuous + While

  • Past Continuous + While

  • You can also use while with interrupting actions. While adds emphasis to the continuing action, not the interruption.

    simple past + while + past continuous
    -I celebrated Thanksgiving every year while I was living in the United States.


    while + past continuous, + past simple
    -While I was living in the United States, I celebrated Thanksgiving every year
  •  Click on the play button to hear the audio
  • My mother cried while we were visiting my father's grave on Dia de los Muertos. While Joe and Amy were traveling through Europe, they stopped in Spain for the San Fermin Festival. 
    Who called while I was taking a shower?John called while you were taking a shower.






















 Source : Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment